Sunday 5 September 2021

Sinking

I give thanks for a few things to make me smile today, probably most of all the sight of my new sink fleetingly in situ to check how it will fit when it's a fixture...and the bike and trike show on the green - all sorts of black beasts and shiny coloured lightweights plus an old guy band playing songs from my youth and even older ladies (possibly from unrelated coach visits) jigging around to the music.

I give thanks also for lots of progress in the kitchen, much of it behind the scenes or, as I'm exchanging old white units for new, not as noticeable as the next stages including worktops and floor will be. For all the old cupboards out of there now (and due to be out of the flat tomorrow) and everything but the kitchen sink one replaced.

I give thanks for a short soothing paddle after Clive had left, and some snoozing on the sofa. I've been very grateful for the weekend's events, but have missed my usual recharge activities and am feeling rather tired. There are misplaced items all around the place and, detrimental to my restfulness though this usually might be, I give thanks moving them to more suitable storage spots, let alone deciding on permanent homes can wait for now. For sinking back into the cushions while a simple supper cooks on the agenda instead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics