Sunday 26 September 2021

Astir

I give thanks for waking up too early again, but not feeling quite as feeble as yesterday mentally or physically. For getting up (eventually!) and having the energy not only stir a pan of spicy fruity porridge but one of polenta to set for chips for my tea. For a slow day otherwise but not a stopped one. For a pleading though ache making play with bits of glass and wood and glue... 

I give thanks for a slow hobble down to the Cove to meet Mima for tea and cake in a patch of unexpected warm sunshine. For her bringing my launderette washed and line dried autumn duvet ready for the cool, wet and windy weather forecasters keep telling us is on the way. For a long flop on the sofa afterwards - getting some fresh air and exercise was good but it freshened up the pain and fatigue as well. 

I give thanks for my yummy easy to make tea and for no one to see how clumsy I am knife and fork...and how much I eat with my fingers. For Rainbow Warrior in the bay, and Ben Fogle entertainingly and empathetically  trying out various kinds life in the wild. Won't be stirring from the sofa much this evening... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics