Tuesday 7 September 2021

Spicy


Woohoo! Found a container that perfectly fits both my kitchen drawer and my spice and herb jars...it's the preformed plastic liner provided for the interior haha! I'm not normally a fan of these as they rarely seem the right size or shape for what I intend to put in them (the cutlery in the cutlery drawer for instance!) but I'm a great fan of things that serendipitously and unexpectedly fill spaces and fulfil purposes, and as I already have a cutlery tray thingy that does the other job just fine I will have two drawers full of gratitude when I can be bothered to sort them out.

I give thanks for sorting out a picnic instead today to take down to the cove and share with Mima on the most gloriously warm and sunny afternoon, including a Keralan cauliflower, chickpea and onion bhaji pasty from the best baker in town. Takes almost as long to type it as to eat it but absolutely delicious it was, I'll be having one of those again for sure. For the Mediterranean weather and the mellowness of the spot and for paddling in my cozzy which seemed highly unlikely to happen this year. For leftovers waiting for my tea and warm bathwater waiting to soak my aches and pains which have been a bit of a trial today. For dealing with the medical profession who have been a bit of one too (the feeling is mutual I'm sure!) and coming to a tentative 'deal'. Ooh and managing to move fast enough to catch sight of a Chinook thundering past while idling in recovery from my jaunt..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics