Wednesday 1 September 2021

Contained

I give thanks for a sound sleep - if not nearly enough of it. For the autumnal sound of the crows...and, I suppose, for the autumnal feel in the air though I don't feel I've had nearly enough summer yet either! For my voracious appetite today as I could do with another couple of kilos of insulation before the temperature drops much more.

I give thanks for having a lot more get up and go than yesterday, and heading into the city early for stage one of my quest to find a box or tray to go inside a new kitchen drawer and hold my spice jars and packets. As nothing I found was remotely the right dimensions, I'm grateful for thinking of a few more less accessible places I could try some other time...and also for some thinking outside the box (!)  with ideas for different types of container that might do like a roasting tin or seed tray. For buying some biscuits to take into the unit to share instead. We've not been given the official go ahead to do this again but a couple of patients have already rebelled and supplemented digestive/rich tea option (if we are lucky!) and it's usually very welcome indeed. For finding ginger nuts and shorties which are not too sweet for my current tastes, and bargains for topping up the food bank supplies next time. 

I give thanks for being sent pictures of the finished work that's been going on outside - especially as I had been going to ask for some. Looks so much better, and also much better able to deal with the rain as we now have replacement guttering connecting to the down pipes and a few new slates on the roof as well as a lick of paint. 

I give thanks for almost instant tea from the fridge, freezer and cupboard shelves. For non- instant hot water...but it heating up in the old fashioned way for a bath anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics