Saturday 25 September 2021

Woke

I'm very grateful we have a working fire alarm in the building...and even more so that the folk who (presumably) set it off some time before 1.30 am, when it woke me, also sorted out turning it off again. Of course, they might just have been doing us all an altruistic favour, but one is a heavy smoker so although I don't want to unfairly blame, you can see where the suspicion's from. I give thanks for the sound sleep I was having before that anyway... 

I give thanks I didn't have to go anywhere today, not even on a self set mission or a whim...not even downstairs to collect post or put out recycling. Fibro fatigue and pain have been in charge of my body and deep gloominess in control of my mind so, although not really in a state of thankfulness at all, I have appreciated just being able to grump and grumble at home by myself, and not have to make myself presentable or make conversation. 

I give thanks for my bed and bath and sofa. For keeping myself fed with help from the freezer and doing the washing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics