Wednesday 22 May 2013

Having a ball

Mmm, I give thanks for apple crumble and Crabbie's ginger beer for supper...that the relaxed me nicely! A 330ml bottle of the latter will keep me going for a week (well, months really as I don't open one every week) so I don't think we need to worry about my alcohol consumption. I thought it would take the edge off the stress of listening to other people's, though actually they didn't come home til 3 am so I had a nice earplug free sleep instead...and I know the time because they were telling their dog to not to bark on account of it! I give thanks for their consideration...

Around me, as there are in everyone's surroundings, some folk I feel drawn to and those I don't and I'm grateful for the lesson in compassion remembering that they are all worthy of it. Everyone has a right to be...even those you wish weren't being right here, right now! At a time in my life when there are just as many people I do feel drawn to, who I wish were here and aren't, it's a meaty psychological/spiritual challenge getting my head and heart around it and I do give thanks for that...even though sometimes I wish I could confer with a classmate or have a recess from my particular school of life for a week or two...

I had planned a restful restorative day of light creativity and snuggly snoozes but others had other plans for me so I could but go with their more vigorous flow...only managing to shut my eyes in time to fall asleep for a miniature nap while my ready meal tea got ready but I was very grateful for both of those and must hurry off to do the latter justice...

I'm grateful to the neuro physio Lucy who, after a surprisingly exhausting assessment, decided some strength building exercises could help my body but that my mind might prefer some yoga style ones. I also gave surprised thanks when I dropped a little round tub at the foot of my bed and it rolled underneath and then curved between the things stored there to emerge on one side at the top in an easily accessible place. Bet I couldn't have done that trick if I tried!

Oh, yes...and although this was neither lost nor forgotten it's not been in sight for a while so I give thanks for remembering how mesmerising it can be...though they make your mobile go weird if you get too near so not the easiest thing to take photos of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics