Friday 10 May 2013

Stay stitching

Today I've been grateful for drizzly weather to go with my dozy self...and for being dozy, at least in part, for an at least partly pleasant day yesterday, even though it was partly drizzly!

I gave thanks for the hospital staff being so friendly and a soothing ride into the city beside a grey sea with a myriad of low white topped waves...Also to Peter for driving me up to the woods to look for bluebells not too grudgingly! Even though we didn't find a woodland carpet of them we saw a quite a few, plus a bank covered in primroses and campion and violets too...before a flask of tea and those yummy pastries by the reservoir surrounded by all the spring greens and magenta mounds of rhododendrons too...

I'm grateful to the tapas bar for still providing such delicious food in such a relaxing ambience...it must be a year or so since I've been there and Peter never had at all but could soon see why I was so keen! He seemed pretty grateful for his birthday treat...

Today I had to get up much earlier than I would have preferred to wait for a delivery of stuff I would really rather not have to have at all...but I'm grateful really I suppose, and in between the various chores, and the very necessary idlenesses, I've done a little work on a sewing pattern adaptation...and even some sewing of it too! I certainly give thanks for any of my many projects progressing, as they're not just hobbies but providing me with clothes comfy to put on and wear...whilst hopefully meeting my aesthetic needs as far as limitations allow. I've got to a bit where the iron needs to come out though...always a good place to take a break I find! As I've gratefully just discovered the left over filling mix and pastry in the fridge I think it'll be a snack break...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics