Saturday 4 May 2013

Sweet success

It's not often I get to do something I really want to so I give thanks for a trip to the pictures last night. Shame the 'comedy' film was so unfunny but we did have a laugh when Peter (who is used to me handing him unwrapped ones in the car) popped a cellophane covered Werther's straight into his mouth. I was grateful to him for picking me up at the station and even giving me a lift home afterwards. That was very welcome as I was so tired, as was the stew I'd prepared earlier (as they say) which was waiting for our supper! I give thanks that Peter loves red lentils and rice cakes as much as I do as any opportunity to feel less odd's a bonus...

My lack of mobility (social and otherwise) means I'm usually extra isolated at Bank Holidays which can be rather sad,  so I give thanks that I planned ahead and got myself a new Ruth Rendell from the library and an 'indulgent' chocolate cake so that solitary confinement feels more like a treat...

Gratitude for the glorious spring greens as different leaves begin to open everywhere...and the blossming blossom too! Such a change in the last week and, though I haven't been far, as I've been on the road and the railway and on foot I've seen a selection of views.

Great thanks for my tea of jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad. Intrinsically tasty, but also because my natural inclination to eat quite wholesome food means chocolate cake cravings can be indulged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics