Tuesday 7 May 2013

Cake tales

What a wonderful thing the unconscious is...I give thanks for happy dreams last night! Also for earplugs for muffling the sounds of those nearby who were conscious at the time...

Gratitude for the late sun yesterday whisping away the cloud...and a bonfire crackling in the gardens below. Quite autumnal really! Thanks too for an episode of Secret Street Crew with a lady even older than me among the dancers, and Ashley describing a church fete to someone who didn't know the phrase as 'Sells cake...and there's ribbons and old people...'


Speaking of which, I give thanks for enjoying a spot of sun, sea and cake myself this afternoon after calling in at the doctor's...and for making some soup from odds and ends of veg as, apart from this, I've not felt much like eating today and soup usually slips down a treat when your appetite has slipped away.

Great gratitude too for finally (I think!) getting the hem right on the linen trousers I'm making. Every time I've tried them on they seem to have got longer...well, either that or my legs have shrunk...and eating cake makes you grow taller, not shrink...in Alice in Wonderland anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics