Sunday 19 May 2013

Pocketing the difference

Last night I gave thanks that there was no neighbourhood noise that earplugs couldn't filter out and that mostly they stayed in! And this morning for the cooler greyer weather...I'd have needed not only a car to go out today but a piggy back to and from it too! It wasn't mad hot yesterday but it was too inviting not to sit out in and as also this week I saw my first dragonfly and hirundine of the year it really felt like summer was starting (a swift I think - only glimpsed from a car window, and yes, I've learnt a new word!) I read this week that 'they have proved' it's not just vitamin D we get from sunshine. God bless them, eh? Those people who like to prove things! And yes that is my idea of a joke!

In fact being grateful for the weather was pretty much all I did before noon. I gave a moral dilemma a bit of a hug instead of a wrestle, a financial concern an abundance of whatever instead of worry, and great thanks I had nothing more urgent to do. There was a rumour I might have a visitor this afternoon but you shouldn't be fooled by those, and in a way I was grateful not as I had to catch up with domestic tasks after yesterday's micro break. I was delighted to get a little more sewing done on that tricksy top too...with a little less unpicking this time! Though I think I might undo the side seams and put some pockets in...there's never anywhere to put a tissue in the summer is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics