Saturday 25 May 2013

Risky business

Today I gave thanks that...for a Bank Holiday Saturday... my journey today was not too stressful. Likewise my homecoming as there had been some things going on around and about here that I'd been concerned about coming home to! I'm so glad I kidded myself I must buy something from the fruit and veg shop, not only as it's right by the taxi rank, but because then I had a nice chatty welcome from the staff there as well as from the cab driver. Grateful too for an unmolested package of fabric and haberdashery that was quite as delightful as I'd hoped...it's always a gamble internet shopping for those...and for something very mysterious that turned out to be a £10 M&S voucher for taking part in a urostomy bag product testing a while back. I'd agreed to this slightly risky business to be useful to one and all, and no mention of any gift in exchange had ever been made, but thank you...don't mind if I do!

I give thanks that one or two of the bluebell pictures we took on Thursday turned out OK...it was sooo blowy and they would not keep still...


I'm grateful for a cake swap with Peter that means I left with a chunky slice of a sultana one his cousin made while he had the last couple of chocolate fruity buns. I've not had much of an appetite today but that went nicely with a cup of tea! Also for the loan of a little yoga book I found fallen and long forgotten down the back of a shelf that could be ideal for swapping notes with the physio and saves me having to hunt charity shops for one. Much gratitude too for an excellent episode of Street Crew with teachers and admin staff putting on a routine for their pupils and colleagues at the end of term assembly - a very risky business indeed where any kind of credibility is concerned let alone street cred, but they did so well and it went down so well... uplifting for all concerned, including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics