Thursday 23 May 2013

The Social Network

So...continuing my homeopathic approach to the neighbourly dis-ease, last night I decided to watch The Social Network during the comings and goings of the evening. And I'm very grateful I did, enjoying it far more than expectations given that I knew a lot of the story and had seen some clips as well. Always particular joy for me in seeing the interactionally inept portrayed not as total failures of course...

I'm grateful for another couple of levels completed of Moral Dilemmas Are Us. This is not a phone or Facebook game and I'm morally bound to write the 'are' properly! I strive for right words and right actions or even right inactivity if that truly seems right but it's so easy just to sit on the high ground (as we all do!) casting aspersions and stones and worse at everyone we perceive as below. Of course I've wrestled with conundrums before...I should hope all of us do sometimes rather than always assuming our first thought, someone else's thought or even no thought is fine...and of course I'm aware that it's our own process of consideration that's important for our own development and learning rather than any ensuing outcome of our infinitesimal role...but I've never had quite so many and varied tests set at once. I feel like I'm in the midst of O Levels, GCSE's, Baccalaureate...whatever you can relate to as an analogy!

Anyway...I'm grateful too for getting the utensils and ingredients out early in the evening to make some little buns so that despite my deep exhaustion later it seemed sacrilegious to put them away again without putting them to use. Thanks for the buns too - chocolatey and fruity, and my lovely mug...this one not my face! Also for the sight of now full leaves silhouetted against the darkening sky, and the way the orange glow of lit windows, coming in and out of view as the lower branches moved in the wind, looked rather like flickering fires.

Much gratitude too for getting most of this gratitude written last night to save me time today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics