Friday 17 May 2013

Top and bottom

This morning I gave thanks for all the washing up there was as surely it must mean less cooking to be done? Last night in my post-acupuncture period of relative vigour I decided to prepare the veggie lentil stew ready for slow cooking today...but then I left the pan on so I had fast cooked slightly burnt stew for tea then and there instead. I kept wondering what the funny smell was and thought perhaps it was me...so I was very glad it wasn't! Oh and of course I gave thanks for the cloggy pan bottom to scrub...excellent for bingo wings! Actually I was very grateful for remembering my top tip for burnt pans which is to boil a mixture of water and a little clothes washing powder in them for a minute or two. Trust me this loosens the gunk up a treat!

I'm grateful to Lynn for sending me a very funny email, and that I won another skirmish with my folding airer. It's not in the first flush of youth...you could legally marry it if you were of a mind to...and it's better at collapsing than standing tall these days, which I'm not in a position to criticise really, but it brings out my competitive side. The finish is cracking and falling off too, but it would be a challenge to get a new one home so it knows it has me over a barrel. Well, not literally...couldn't get a barrel home either, could I?

I fought with some pieces of fabric that are not keen to be a top today too and gave thanks for a little progress. My first instinct on seeing the pattern was to wonder how it could be sewn and now I know it can't be unless your name is Dynamo or Derren! I did finish this one off eventually though...delays there due to being unable to see straight to sew straight rather than design flaws, so much gratitude for a siesta and a meditate to restore me enough for the final push. I'm grateful all I need now is to push something into the oven to heat...and maybe push a few buttons on the remote control before an early night...


1 comment:

  1. I must learn to loosen up !!knitwise that is,i wondered why my arms n shoulder ached then remembered last evening knitting or rather wrestling as if fighting a lion off !!!why why was I knitting soo tightly ???? hence the need to loosen it !!!!good tip that wash powder in burnt saucepans have been using that for quite a few yrs on quite a few pans oh dear ??

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics