Friday 3 May 2013

Wave bye bye

Don't fret, I've not jumped out the window...it's just the time of year when, from the living room, the sea begins to disappear behind the leaves and I always feel a little wistful...until I remember it usually means the weather is warming up too! In the autumn I get wistful when the leaves fall off and then remember that soon I will be able to see the sea... I give thanks for this regular reminder of the cycle of life...

Much gratitude for getting not only the mattress turned the other day but the wire mesh base sections swapped around so that I no longer feel like I'm in a trough or slithering down a slope...well, not regarding sleeping positions anyhow! I can't say I'm sleeping better but I'm lying more comfortably when I'm not...

I'm very grateful for realising that if you have flaky pastry and marzipan you pretty much have almond croissants...near enough for my taste buds anyhow!

Thanks that the deeply distressed (and vocal about it!) dog upstairs was reunited with their owner after an hour or two and they were apologetic when I mentioned it, and for the sight of three other dogs playing tag on the lawns later. I'm grateful it's not been so sunny though this morning or I might have been tempted to go out myself and this would have been unwise as I have to go out later this afternoon. It's a nice going out but will be no less tiring than a nasty one, just a whole lot more worthwhile...I hope!

I'm grateful I've made a pot of stew for supper and Saturday tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics