Wednesday 15 May 2013

All in

I forgot to say about the wool yesterday... I've started saving snippings again when I'm finishing off jumpers or trimming seams. When I had my market stall (and there were so many!) I used to make a cotton 'cushion cover' out of a bit of old sheet or something to collect them in and when it was full I'd sew it up and put a pretty cover on top. I'm not producing them at such a rate now but last week I sent Jan, who has just acquired a felting machine, a bag of bits to play with and she made a lovely little piece of felt with leftovers from my lovely chunky zigzaggy jumper. This pleased us both very much indeed!

Gratitude for the howling of the wind last night...and for neighbours being quiet enough to hear it! To Laura for doing a spot of chauffeuring for me so I could get to various places not very far away but more than I could manage otherwise all in one day...and now, as I'm as tired as if I actually made the journey on foot, for leftovers cooking in the cooker and horizontalness on the horizon as soon as soon can be...

I gave thanks for this article about ladies of advancing years not letting themselves go...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22013245

and this mentioning something they could do if they did! http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2013/05/14/contest-entry-for-alexs-shipshape-shed/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics