Monday 27 May 2013

The wood and the trees

I gave thanks last night for another moon mooning at me over the trees and sea...less round and orange than the night before but still rather lovely to see. And for getting the washing up done before I went to bed. It's not that I mind if I don't do it, but I love it when I do and there's a clean kitchen to start the next day! It's easy to beat yourself up about things, especially if you've been led to believe you are failing to achieve what you should and it was moving to watch a 'help for hoarders' programme yesterday evening when one of the clients was reminded about this. Most of us do better when we're accepted, if not praised, or at least not put down or punished, so as there's rarely a shortage of folk willing to do the latter two, try and tend towards the former whenever you can. When I'm really running short of things to pat myself on the back about there's always the fact that I'm neither a hoarder (nor a serial killer!) which the pocket psychology of TV programmes suggests might have been unsurprising developments in my life.

Much gratitude that the French Open started yesterday with plenty of coverage on TV...any opportunity to feel as if  I'm joining in something, especially on a Bank Holiday weekend, gratefully received! Also for a very welcome visitor...a Tesco delivery driver bringing lots of things to eat! You might think my life is rather sad that TV and Tesco are points to be grateful for, and you would be right, but it would be much sadder if either I didn't have access to these things...or I failed to appreciate them!

I'm grateful too for some of the photos of the trees in the wood on the old castle where the bluebells were...such pretty light on leaves in this one!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabi, finally had time for a catch up. Like the photos especially. Bluebells are such a wonderful sight. I also appreciate and am grateful for food and television daily. Lately I have been making time to really stop and enjoy the homely surroundings Nick and I are lucky enough to have. It is colder here now, so electric blankets and heaters are on and winter feels like it's about to burst. We have some nice things planned for June, starting with a theatre visit this week with my mum to see the new production of Jesus Christ Superstar. Sporty Spice is playing the role of Mary Magdalene. The week after we are going to a "Farmstay" for the weekend that comes with a friends recent recommendation. Nick should really like that. I am off to a town called Broome (2 hour flight, right up the north of Western Australia). It will be very hot and sunny up there and I get to stay with one of my very best friends, so that will be great. A week in the sunshine. Stay well, and warm, talk soon Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics