Tuesday 28 May 2013

It's raining in Paris

It used to mean your petticoat was showing, but today I'm using it in the sense of...it's raining in Paris! Il pleut, le soleil ne brille pas...that sort of thing. I wasn't at all grateful about it at first as I was a little too vigorous with the sorting out yesterday evening when a little window of 'Hey, I feel up to getting up and doing something right now' opened up, and felt that operating the remote control would be quite enough exercise for a few hours today so live tennis would have been just the thing... But never mind, it meant I got to see the last set of Monday's Monfils match which I hadn't been able to before...because I couldn't bear to see him lose after doing so well at the start of the match. Although usually I prefer not to find out the outcome in advance, I was very grateful for hearing he had won and I could safely watch the replay!

I'm extremely grateful the replacement key store room was finally persuaded to lock the door last night but it has no intention of opening it again today so the things I've sorted out to take down there have had to come back up to loiter about the kitchen. The bit when I feel gratitude for this is, as yet, obscured from view...as is a lot of the kitchen!

I give thanks that I thrive on tidy though...or I wouldn't be tacking the 3D slide puzzle of re-organising storage, and indeed what's stored, and as an intermittent task it fits well into the pace yourself/push yourself approach I'm advised to take to activity. Also great that the weather's so conducive to being indoors, and that I have a big deep bath and unmetered water - it's a mucky chore!

Gratitude for another easy tea...with leftover ready made stirfry enhanced with more veg, garlic, ginger and quorn. Mmm...crunchy...I give thanks for subtitles too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics