Wednesday 29 May 2013

I must go down to the sea again

After lugging camera and binoculars down to the seafront today I completely forgot to use either...duh! But though I was distracted by medical chores and various things to buy and do, I didn't forget to appreciate the hard glitter sparkle of the sea (as I routed myself within sight of it as often as I could)... just to take a photo to share! I'll have to go back again won't I?

Whatever Mr Masefield's experience it certainly wasn't lonely with all those people making holidays but I took a break and a sit down as often as I could as well, and was grateful to share sunny benches with some friendly folk. Also that the lady who had her skirt rucked up under her bag was so pleased when I told her. You never know which way surprise and embarrassment might affect a response in that situation but we ended up laughing so much the rest of the interminable Post Office queue looked round indignantly as if to say 'this isn't supposed to be fun you know!'

Gratitude too for remembering to pick up a bunch of summer timetables from the Tourist Information Office. While I was looking at the rack a man came in and asked the staff for a No 2 bus one...'They're behind you,' they said and when he turned round behind him was me holding one out to him..'And an 11?' He said turning back to the counter...'They're there too,' he was told...and sure enough I was holding out one of those too by the time he looked back! More chuckling and banter... As ever I give thanks I live somewhere where people do!

I was grateful for a bit of tennis to watch when I got home, a bit of sewing, a bit of tidying up and a bit of a snooze. I'm ready for more snooze now but I must find a spot of supper first and I'm very grateful there's something in the fridge I can just put in the oven for that. I see the boat trip I've been longing to make has just started for the season again. Fingers crossed for this year eh?

1 comment:

  1. Tony made us go on the pirate ship when we stayed in Whitby together a couple of years ago, he was feeling really grotty by then but determined he was going to get me on that ship ha ha , we sang yo ho ho and a bottle of rum ,It was a bit dodgy getting on and off again and the sea was really rough the little ship rolled along people at the front got sprayed n really damp oh so glad we did it though.........

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics