Sunday 26 January 2014

Frock and awe

Stayed in bed all morning just to provide another song lyric. No I didn't really...I stayed in bed because I was soooo tired! I'm grateful for the rest, and for the lure of a fish finger sandwich and a spot of creativity finally persuading me to get up.

I'm grateful for some progress in my sewing projects, including finishing the big girl's blouse dress which wasn't hard just fiddly, and for a change from the other remake (which is hard and fiddly!) I've been working in a dress modeled on various parts of other garments I like, plus some more just out of my head. For these I used some tissue my boots were wrapped in to make a makeshift pattern. Did I mention I had some new boots? Ha ha! Here they are in the shrubbery just getting in the mood to go outside...


So far the new creation is going well. It's important not to get frustrated with the slow speed at which I now work. Hey, I can still sew...that's fantastic! It's being as helpful as it can...I ran a long stitch gathering thread at the top of a piece earlier and it gathered itself! Of course I realise this was due to some fault with the tension on the machine, but as anyone who uses a sewing machine will tell you, faults with tension don't usually result in saving time and effort. And now, as my ability to put in effort has run out, I'm grateful for stuff left over to hastily assemble another of those yummy pies...and for finding some of John and Jo's beans in the back of the freezer to go with it... Oh, and I'm grateful in advance that Jenny is coming tomorrow so I can leave all the bits of thread on the carpet too!

I'm grateful for catching, and recording, an excellent documentary about someone getting a garbage trucks (plus their operatives!) to dance. This was nothing to do with Ashley Banjo but a not dissimilar mission, and just as fascinating and moving...especially the crane solo which had everyone in tears. The film is called Trash Dance and I've looked for a link to share with you and failed to find one but keep your eyes peeled for it - it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics