Monday 20 January 2014

Stitched up!

I'm grateful for a such a pretty day, lots of lovely changing light on the branches and brickwork, hills and headlands, the tanker in the bay...and of course the sea! I'd have given thanks just to admire what I could from my pillow but eventually, s-l-o-w-l-y I got myself up and washed and dressed...and finished the last bit of sewing on my dress which then I wanted to put on and take outdoors of course! I was very grateful it is finally done and that I'm pleased with the end result as, though I love putting fabrics and trimmings together, the reason I sew myself clothes is to have something that fits the various remits of the bits that hurt, and the bits that don't work and the bits that do in a whole new way and pleases my eyes so it doesn't feel like 'special' clothing, but makes me feel special instead!

Bribing myself with the promise of a cuppa at Eastcliff I was grateful I hobbled down the hill to view more views ...but Eastcliff was closed! Never mind I thought, getting a cab, I'll get one at the knitting group...and I did, but I was designated mother so had to make my own and everyone else's...I was grateful not many people were there today! Much gratitude too for one of the Jenny's giving me a lift back up the hill, and some leftovers for my tea as I don't feel like up to operating more than the remote control tonight. No choir as raising my voice and carrying a tune would be much too energetic so I'm grateful I saw the Parson and the Clerk today even if I'm not going to sing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics