Thursday 2 January 2014

Here comes the rain again

I give thanks for a double decker bus and my mp3 player...who'd have a car, eh? What? Well yes there are some benefits I suppose but, without an unnatural amount of what Buddhists call sympathetic joy I can hardly include them in my gratitude blog now can I?

I'm grateful the shops had none of the things I went for so my pennies remained unsquandered, but that back here there was a rye mix bloomer left on the shelf as late as 4 pm and a sale on mini bath bombs. And I'm grateful that with all my other shopping I needed a cab...and there wasn't one...and it started to rain quite heavily and there still wasn't one...and then one came by just to pick up family on the opposite corner and saw me dripping patiently and picked me up for free!

I'm grateful to Rachel for some thoughtful treatment and a handmade thank you card with an appropriate thoughtful individual message inside. Rachel always gives thank you cards for her Christmas presents...now that's gratitude, I think, don't you?

I'm grateful I can have bread and yarg and grapes for tea if I want to...and eat it in the bath!  Oh, and I'm giving thanks I finished that alcoholic Christmas cake too, and can return to my abstemious ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics