Saturday 11 January 2014

Colour therapy

Well, it may sound odd but I'm grateful I've had the hippy hippy aches today because on the whole I don't very much, so it was a kind of novelty. And I did grin while I bore it because it amused me to think that if benefit cheat spies were out they'd be thinking 'She's clearly faking it - look she's limping on the other side now!'...and to wonder if there was much call for a stair lift to the upper floor of Millet's! And I'm grateful I had a lot of hobbling about to do because it was such a beautiful day, and it would have been rather more miserable in the rain.

It was an informal choir thing set me to go out in the morning, and I was grateful I went to that (effort though it was to get out of bed!) because there are nice people and nice music, much laughter and usually a dog and some cake as well...and after that it was really, on the face of it, a rather boring sort of Saturday collecting odds and ends of shopping here and there but everything seemed so clear and bright in the sunshine and so instead of getting dragged down into it I kept gazing up at the gorgeous blue, or soothing my eyes with all the green in between the buildings and giving great thanks that I live somewhere so rural but not cut off, and for being well enough to go out and about and get things and grin! I had some lucky bargain finds in shops and I was very grateful for those but even more precious were the first lambs I've seen this season and the colours at sunset - orange in the west, pink in the east and that special silvery blue the sea goes at that time of day.

I was very grateful there were things to eat when I got home that just needed microwaving because that's all I was capable of...and that I don't have to be anywhere now til Monday afternoon because if I'm anywhere between now and then it'll probably be horizontal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics