Monday 6 January 2014

Something simple

I give thanks for achieving all the tasks of the day...well, most of them anyhow - the washing up has fallen by the wayside but my bed is made and inviting me! I haven't had a chance to upload the pics I took and see if any are worth sharing but I give thanks for the sight of the stirring sea and the way strangers smile and laugh together as they watch the waves.

I'm grateful I took my plastic tubs and cartons to the recycling skip...but that I left the cardboard behind because the cardboard one was full!

I give thanks for the shelter out of the wind where I ate the cupcake the chemist gave me. And no, there's no typos in that! And I give thanks for a cuppa and a biscuit brought to me at the knitting group too, and for meeting the ladies there again.

I'm grateful a taxi came before the rain, and for falling asleep where I landed on the sofa after staggering through the door. And for listening to the practices I missed at the end of last year to encourage me to get up again and go to choir tonight. All I've got to do is put my boots and coat on, grab my bag and walk out the door. How hard can that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics