Saturday 18 January 2014

A little rusty

It was a slow day...but I'm always grateful for an opportunity to slip a song lyric in somewhere! I was grateful for the opportunity to lie late in my lovely and now comfy bed too. When my joints are aching I describe them as creaky and I much prefer not having the bed provide the sound effect to go with the feeling! I'm grateful it was the rain beating down not the sun and that I didn't have to be anywhere except in the kitchen now and then for the chores and on the sofa now and then for the snores! 

I'm grateful there are so many Columbos still I've either not seen or forgotten in the many ensuing years. I'm grateful for some packages come from little bits ordered on ebay, and that my post currently waits for me downstairs! Well, so long as the Royal Mail does its bit and delivers the item (or a notification card about it) in the first place....which isn't always the case unfortunately...

Some products are a gamble to order on line anyway, partly because of the losses in visual translation through camera to monitor, partly due to descriptions that stop a little short of accurate (and the wishful thinking of purchasers that they actually mean what you'd like them to!) and, in the case of the ribbon I've been trying to buy, that the manufacturer makes one called 'russet' and one called 'rust' and they are rather similar shades. Now I've received the russet I've been able to make some progress with my not-your-granny's-skirt project and I've been very grateful for that, as the rust was not right at all! As long as they're not too expensive I've no problem with bits of fabric and trim turning out not to be quite what you imagined. If they're not suitable for one project they're probably fine for another. The small print fabric here is an example of that. All kinds of serendipity are fun, but the sort with a delay and a rediscovery is sometimes the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics