Sunday 12 January 2014

Another fine day

I'm grateful for another fine day - well fine for my purposes anyway, which were to recover from getting out and about in another sort of fine weather yesterday! The wind was so noisy blowing through the little gap I'd left the window open in the night that I woke up thinking there was some sort of engineering work going on on the railway line, or road resurfacing but I'm always grateful for the fresh air if it's possible to stand it. It hardly got properly daylight here but I gave thanks for the sight of the big waves when darkness gave way to a whiter shade of grey and for watching the big tanker moored in the bay swiveling around on its anchor, buffeted by gusts and currents, I guess, before it and the hill in the other direction disappeared in enveloping murk.

The darkness, the tiredness and the Sundayness made it ideal for lounging on the sofa with knitting and nibbles and lots of excellent recorded TV but if I knit for too long my hands and arms get sore and if eat too many nibbles the things I'm making won't fit...and if I watch TV with neither of the above I'm liable to fall asleep. So I'm very grateful for getting up off my proverbial now and then and doing some other things such as the mountain of washing up, and polishing the glass top of the chest in my bedroom and some more sewing of the granny skirt becoming a dress project that I started a few weeks ago. 


I'm grateful I remembered to upload this picture of a rag rug stained glass wall hanging thingy that rather took my eye at the community arts centre yesterday, that Mr Tesco has provided me with his finest cauliflower cheese for my tea...and that I've made a big juicy fresh fruit salad to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics