Wednesday 18 January 2017

Appy days

Having not felt right for a couple of days I give thanks for feeling a bit healthier this evening. Ill I deal with, obviously, whether I like it or not, but I'm an impatient patient with symptoms!

I give thanks for some goodly chunks of sleep last night and for some good bits in dreams...in one there was someone holding my hand and in another I was doing some exercises. Both felt very good! I give thanks for remembering to leave a light on low to stop me getting lost in the darkness of wakefulness in between.

I give thanks for finally surfacing to bright sunshine and for briefly thinking it would be nice to go out before remembering for me right now actually it would be nicer to avoid the difficulties and discomforts which tend to erode the pleasure, unless I have a subtly supportive enabler ot two. I give thanks for racking my brains for something I was able to do, and would like to do, home alone without moving too much and with supporting cast of neighbourly noises instead... and remembering there had been antipodean tennis going on for hours and I needed to get the hang of working the Eurosport Player before the matches got more interesting. It turned out there were some interesting matches to watch right then but the buffering was driving me nuts!

Supposing it would be worse on the app on my tablet, I gave a lot of thanks to discover it was actually much much better that way and is another pastime that can take place lying on my left side which I still have to do at intervals during the day to remain upright in between. I give thanks for discovering while this was going on John and Jo had been plotting an offer of a visit on Saturday and Colin tomorrow evening to enable time to pass more pleasantly...

I give thanks for doing some more physically demanding stuff this afternoon including processing laundry so a fresh load could dry at wide open sun filled windows and changing the shower light bulb - a fiddly task requiring both a firm balanced stance and manual dexterity, so a milestone in sciatic recovery as well as a little challenge for my stroke damaged arm and hand.

I give thanks for the pretty light after sundown... pink sky, blue sea and lime mimosa bright un for tje longest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics