Monday 30 January 2017

Peer

I give thanks for the beauty of wetness. I'd planned to take pictures of pretty wet things from my window but the dripping dried up before I could. I give thanks for that too as I had to go out and do some stuff, including the stuff that is simply being outside. I've always known I need this, but as a non-driver you usually get plenty anyway...as a non-walker, nah, not so much!

I give thanks for an unexpected jolly mood last night. Unexplained too, but maybe chortling at Come Dine With Me, while chomping a particularly yummy home made pudding helped. I give thanks, when dark gloom descended later, for being reminded of the capricious nature of human emotion. It doesn't help that this time of year I'm bombarded with reminders of what delightful things there are to do on my birthday...for other people! Oh well, I give thanks I'll always have the John Peel and chocolate body paint tale ;-)

Meanwhile, back in the here and almost now, I give thanks for that first moment when I feel the touch of the breeze on my cheek, the first in breath of fresh air. I give thanks for the release of gritted teeth when released from the cab! For, in those healthy halcyon days after my arrival here, choosing to register with the GP's surgery nearest to the sea. For having a long, padded, dark coloured coat so I can sit down in damp places when I need a rest. For being close to the restless sea... What's that? It doesn't look very restless? Neither do I mate...but trust me, I most certainly am!


I give thanks for the pain being manageable in small doses, and for living somewhere where so many places I want to go are small distances apart. For being known and nurtured with offers of chairs in shops, the laid back friendliness...For remembering not to treat myself to a lush Luder's cake as there was leftover pudding to eat, and when I reminded myself again out loud in the deli, for the baker man there leaning forward on the counter and asking what was in it. For making people smile...and for a friendly taxi driver being on the rank for a chat and a laugh on the way home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics