Thursday 26 January 2017

It's on its way!

I give thanks I got up this morning. No, I mean...I give thanks I got up this morning! That hasn't happened unless it has to for a while...

I give thanks for being so tired last night I fell asleep almost as soon as my cheek touched the pillow...and even more so, as various things woke me up again, that this happened every time! I don't know what was going on upstairs, but I give thanks my mind soon did the sensible thing and incorporated the noises in my dream so I imagined I was actually sharing a room with one of them not just a building, and am not sure what I actually heard and what my subconscious made up. There were scores of cats outside by the dustbins as well. I'd never seen so many together - I had to take pictures - only that, of course, was made up!

I give thanks a few minutes into watching the beginning of the Icelandic saga I realised the storyline had started after the start of the story and I'd have to wait for a flashback or two to see if my suppositions were correct, but then Laura rang and I had to leave it for a while. She wanted to come over as she said I might like my birthday present early and she would be very busy over the next few weeks, but I joked as she took her coat off that she must have heard about the long running jigsaw and be keen to do her bit(s). It turned out she wasn't that keen and had even put one away unfinished she'd been given a short while ago, but politely picked out a piece and peered at the picture to see where it would go. An hour later I couldn't stop laughing as Laura couldn't stop doing jigsaw! I give thanks its difficulty has actually made it such a particularly sociable puzzle.

I give thanks when I got back to the box set I discovered it was me who'd not started at the beginning, not the scriptwriters. It was far more intelligible watching the first episode first!

I give thanks for hearing from Pat that she has ordered a birthday gift for me too and it is on its way...

I give thanks seeing and hearing the churning sea while keeping reasonably cosy indoors on this f-f-freezing day. For catching up with word work and play. And, for those who might enjoy another of my simpler crosswords, being able to say it's on its way. No, I mean... It's on its way!

http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/Its_on_its_way 

There's a bit of a theme again...but it's not astrophysics or anything difficult to spell (I think - let me know if you disagree!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics