Saturday 21 January 2017

Slow food

I give thanks for a meal last night with the first relish for several days...and by that I don't mean pickle! For a suspicion I've sussed what was making me unwell...though I might have to let myself be unwell again to prove it...

For seeing an 'On this day' from five years ago on Facebook reminding me what a staggering 'journey' I've been travelling on. For remembering apologising to someone who is irritated by that expression for using it once and him saying 'In your case it's allowed. You have been on one!' For also seeing someone else's exasperated post about a parcel non delivery and realising the way to contact DPD is by posting on their wall. Then you may get a response...eventually!

I give thanks an ETA message from my visitors gave me plenty of time to see if the new vacuum hose fitted and if so give the floors a once over...and that I did no such thing! For thinking to ask them in the first few minutes if they fancied having lunch at a favourite pub restaurant a couple of miles out of town up a twisty lane by the river...and that they did. I suspected (quite rightly) its friendly atmosphere, comfortable surroundings, tempting menu and views fine enough to have some appeal even on the murkiest chilliest Saturday would mean half the southern half of the county would also think to while away a chunk of the afternoon there and give thanks we could book ahead to get one of the last free lunchtime tables. I give thanks for filling in the lengthy wait for the most delicious food with hilariously inept selfies, amiable chatter and some of their fabulous range of non alcoholic drinks. And as we were too stuffed and too delayed for pudding (I was getting sore staying in one position and John and Jo had a long drive back) I give thanks for just rustling up a quick alcoholic dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics