Tuesday 31 January 2017

Catch

I give thanks for lying peacefully during my acupuncture treatment apart from overhearing some understandable but not very therapeutic grumbling upstairs including one chap calling from one room to another (as we all do) that he'd clicked on the wrong thing and lost something he was doing on line (as we all do).  I give thanks I next heard an owl hooting in the trees outside, thinking what a much more pleasant sound that was...and then I chuckled to myself as it came to me for all I knew it might have been shouting 'Effing fog! How am I supposed to catch any bleeping rodents in this?' in owl language!

I give thanks for the hours that followed my treatment reminding me why so many folk are so fond of mood altering substances, of some sor or another. Mood altering practices are always my favourite, though I gave thanks I didn't have to operate any machinery other than a kettle! It almost seemed a bit of a waste to be that happy on my own...but hey, I managed... I give thanks for being reminded afterwards the downside of anything that makes you feel good is that you don't feel half as good when you have to do without...

I give thanks for being relatively energetic and unpainful today despite being up all night at the Winkleigh Cricket Club mid summer party. Ah, the logic of dreams eh? Having some relatively strenuous things to do with that energy today, I give thanks for pacing myself. Well, I think I did...we'll see tomorrow when I have some more strenuous things to do!

I give thanks the jigsaw has got to the stage when you can see all the pieces left and can tell some of the right ones aren't in the box but bits from a different puzzle have been included instead. Won't stop me trying though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics