Friday 27 January 2017

Pictures at an exhibition

I give thanks for Mima's magic car seat! There's something about the angles and dimensions on the passenger side that really do my back good...I pretty much only sat in it to ride from one town car park to another but I was hobbling when I got in and nimble enough when I got out to offer to help unload the back seat full of cardboard into the recycling skip. Me, physically helping someone? Yeah, I know...gave thanks for that rarity too!

I give thanks for getting the most of the practical stuff I needed to do in town done beforehand...and something I needed to do for the purpose of pleasure, though some pain was involved as well as standing is still quickly very uncomfortable. I went to the local camera club exhibition in one of the galleries here, and was grateful I did as I enjoyed looking at the work, but would have been even more grateful if someone else had been looking at it at the same time so I didn't have to be the sole focus of the hospitality and engagement encouragement of those in charge. There was great keenness that I should vote for a favourite but with such a range of themes and styles that was, as I explained, very difficult to do. In the end I decided it had to be the one I'd buy if it were for sale and affordable because I'd want to look at it again and again. But then I turned the last corner and there was another image equally liveable with, so I said I would have to choose none or two, and was grateful when one of the two turned out to be by the person asking me to pick.  Phew!

I give thanks for a cup of tea and nibbles and chat. For a ride home with many packages including some online sale household items I'm very grateful I found as they are even nicer than in their pictures made me think they'd be.

I give thanks despite the fall of darkness, wind picking up again and driving rain, the flat feels a little warmer than it did earlier on. There's a limit to how many layers you can put on and still actually move about and function and I was getting close before. I give thanks for a quick and easy tea planned, for books and bath lined up for later, and my electric blanket and duvets promising me a hug when I get into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics