Wednesday 11 January 2017

Piece by peace

I give thanks for listening to the wild wind in my wakefulness last night...and a bit of Bach baroqueness this morning to drown out less harmonious sounds. Then later when all the unharmonious sounds had ceased and I seemed to be home alone in both my block and the ones each side, for listening to the perfect peacefulness.

I give thanks for remembering, after Monday's curious episode, that I've said for years I want Basket Case played at my funeral...after Pachelbel's canon of course, as I love the way the two seem to demonstrate a major dichotomy in the entity that is me (but also because they don't - being actually just two workings of the same theme*) The plan has always been that I'd like people to dance like nobody's watching around my grave (not on it, it'll only be freshly dug and would soon become a very muddy mosh pit) but it dawned on me it would also be a fine way of checking I'm actually dead!

I give thanks for a few little opportunities to be useful in the last couple of days. Yesterday I suggested to a chilly shopkeeper surrounded by giftware that he used some of the bubblewrap I was sure some of the goods had been supplied in to put under his feet or seat - a trick I learnt as a market trader in a similar position. I was also able to take a bunch of registration forms to a woman hovering on the threshold of the doctor's surgery reception area with a dog she couldn't bring in. And today I completed a crossword for people who prefer their clues a little less convoluted...

http://crossword.info/happiness_squared/Veganuary

I give thanks for the third day in a row there has been a hint or two that my sciatica may be actually on the mend. The pain and immobility have always fluctuated but I've not had three days in a row before during which I've felt an easing of its grip, a sense that I might be beating it into submission. Same with that brown study jigsaw as well!

*hear here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYBa-Hu0Gk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics