Sunday 29 January 2017

Out!

I give thanks for fresh basil leaves in my pasta last night waking me up enough to enjoy it. Well half of it...and that there was half left for lunch today! I was so dozy in the late afternoon and kept having to wrench myself back into consciousness, so that I was almost not grateful I'd booked an evening Tesco delivery, but there'd not really been much choice as not only was I running out of salad items but they were too...and available slots for someone to bring them... Very scary! I give thanks the only sort of lettuce left was organic Romaine, because it turned out to be delicious!

I give thanks for going to bed just after nine,  going to sleep just after that and staying asleep for large chunks of the next twelve hours. Must have needed that...

I give thanks for finally managing to coax my body back into life again, and my internet as well after a power cycle, so that I could watch most of the Aussie Open final. I didn't mind who won, just as long as whoever wasn't wasn't winning at the time bounced back into ascendancy so that there was plenty of excitement and uncertainty to enjoy, so I give thanks the players did their best to oblige by making an excellent match and thoughtful speeches afterwards too.

Not seen tennis like that for years. There's a reason for that of course...and I give thanks for the memory of Henman Hill in breaks between rain in for the epic Wimbledon final of 2008. It was just a couple of months before the cancer was diagnosed and such an exasperating time for everyone who had to put up with my endless protracted trips to the loo. People got so snappy with me and I often wonder if they put two and two together afterwards and felt bad, I do hope not! I give thanks, as I always do when I enjoy some good tennis, that my mother instilled me with this delight. Didn't get much from her to be unequivocally grateful for but this is one joy that remains undiminished by age and infirmity so a treasure indeed.

I give thanks for leaving the terrace without a car! Only as far as the postbox across the road...but as my back had seized up again from sitting too long at the table beforehand it felt like a major expedition. Unfortunately sitting at the table was unavoidable as the stuff that needed posting needed preparing first. I give thanks though my printer kept telling me it was out of ink I managed to get it to photcopy important documents...and even, eventually, remember to get the last one out from under its lid and into the (already sealed) envelope!

I give thanks the top I took a fancy to in the Joe Brown's sale catalogue was out of stock in my size. Usually I don't look because what you don't see you're far less likely to want...and even I couldn't convince myself it was needed ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics