Sunday 22 January 2017

Spy in the tame

The first noteworthy thing I gave thanks for today was when I turned on my tablet and, as the curser was blinking in Google search, I was offered the following three 'trending' suggestions.

Man with 18.9 inch willy
Bristol Police taser
Bust of Winston Churchill sent back

For some reason it reminded me of those creative writing exercises when you have to fit some given features into a story. No particular reason that I can think of...apart from the fact by imagination is both vivid and odd!

I've decided I really need more physical exercise and mental relaxation and have been wondering of what I can and might like to do and gave thanks for coming up with the idea some seated Tai Chi seemed a good place to start, especially as it was therapeutically peaceful in the neighbourhood today. So that was planned for after some jobs in the kitchen... The first one turning out to be an unplanned reorganisation and coaxing with warm water of my severely overstuffed and iced up freezer as the door had not been closing easily for a long while and had, I discovered, for a short while not been closing at all. I give thanks that proved to be a surprisingly aerobic activity - twisting and bending and weightlifting on my knees.

I give thanks for completing the job well enough, shutting the door firmly, switching it back on and flopping on the sofa for a bit with a cuppa...but when I went back to the kitchen it seemed as if my work had been in vain as the fridge freezer seemed tired of being an appliance and interested in becoming a large silver cupboard with a light at the top instead. This has happened before when it's been off for a while and I was grateful I knew to give it a nudge or two. As someone remarked the other day it's a big fridge for a little girl, in fact if you took the middle out of it person who said it and I would probably both fit inside at the same time without too much trouble...so maybe nudge isn't quite the word. I lurched it from side to side and back against the wall and back to the floor with a thump. I turned it round and inspected the back for any obvious signs of disconnection or malfunction in the cooling unit...I switched it off and on again...again...and finally conceded defeat. And, as you can imagine, by the time I'd investigated how soon and easily a new one could be got here, and considered who I might ask if they had any cold storage space to spare, and run a bath to mull things over, and made another cuppa to take with me there, and popped back to fetch it when it was brewed...I was most grateful of all to be greeted by a chilling rattle and hum.

I give thanks for the idleness of internet browsing...and eventually... shopping! I'm a very discerning (some might say fussy) purchaser, and careful with the pennies I spend and as there's so much retail choice on line reviewing the options can be a very drawn out process. I give thanks for finding a few items of tableware I've coveted for years in a sale. Clearly they're going 'out of fashion' and I give thanks for that too, having a thing about not following trends! After yesterday's expression of mild dissatisfaction (some might say rant) about DPD, I was both amused and bemused to see this particular company charges extra if you want a 'delivery' from them. They're going to email me with details of the alternative budget option courier... a man with a wheelbarrow perhaps? Thinking about it I'd be quite grateful if it were - much better chance of cornering him and wrestling my goods from his grasp!

I give thanks, as you might have gathered, I've been feeling pretty well and strong today but I also give thanks it's time for tea and some marvelling at Spy in the Wild. Still not managed that Tai Chi, but I did listen to some meditative music while I cooked and hey, the day is still quite young!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics