Sunday 8 January 2017

What angelinthemaking did next

Running somewhat behind the rest of you, I designated my 'new year' would begin today and I'm starting a new blog! It's called todaywasntallaboutsciatica... click here for a link

No, not really, perish the thought! It is the bane of gratitude and I wouldn't want to share grumbles more than I do. It already feels as if tales from last straw saloon are failing to raise oxytocin levels the way I wanted them to be, but I don't want to give up blogging or slogging along with a project that was supposed to demonstrate how little joys could be found in the midst of great struggles and sorrows.

I give thanks I do have a new link to share though. I've taken the 'happiness squared' part of the self imposed remit and have been spending my extra idling hours compiling crossword puzzles to while away a few minutes of other people's. There are some of them here...
http://crossword.info/happiness_squared

Unless you're one of those folk for whom spelling is a mystery and this would be a torture please have a look...and if you, or anyone you know, is partial to word play or vocabulary flexing I would be grateful for feedback. Tuts and groans are usually part of the solver's perverse pleasure but hurling across the room in disgust is to be avoided if at all possible, especially if you're doing them on a precious phone or tablet (there's a PDF link to print each one if you think this may be a risk!) Messing about with crosswords I've done before but web publishing is a whole new area and I've tried to make the applet experience as easy on the eye and fingers as possible within my limitations, but if you've any opinions on the features or design then I'd be happy to hear those too...

Best of all I've been enjoying creating themed puzzles and have done a couple for friends where some of the answers have specific significance to them, and a unique wordsearch that Bob really enjoyed. If you're interested in something bespoke for a website, newsletter, teaching aid, fundraiser or an unusual gift let me know. They don't have to be cryptic or tricky though obviously it's more occupation for my wandering mind if they are!

Anyway, back to my normal gratitiudes for the day. I give thanks for the sunlight bright on the sea when I opened my curtains this morning, the profusion of pretty little puffs of cloud. For more of that homemade soup - very nice if I do say so myself. Well it's always good if someone does! For sorting out a bag of old clothes to go to the recycling bins next time I get an offer I can't refuse (pun intended) and for performing some unneeded and unheeded 'beauty' routines (poetic licence this time) because though it's mostly sensible to remember they don't matter, sometimes it's clever to pretend they do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics