Sunday 15 January 2017

Cake walk

I give thanks for an unexpectedly appetising tea made with some very unpromising looking leftovers. It was so appatising I ate a hearty portion of pudding as well!

I give thanks for remembering I still had half a Planet Earth and a 'making of' still to see. Watching/listening to Gordon Buchanon is always a joy, and some of the animal filming was stunning, but it was these structures that stole the show for me. Half a lifetime ago Singapore had my eyes out on stalks...time to go back I think (wish).
http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/attractions/supertree-grove/facts-and-figures.html

I give thanks for finding the first series of Shetland on Amazon Video. Only SD so not really doing the landscape justice but only £1.89, and some other aspects to enjoy, including those accents of course.

I give thanks for a surprising (and welcome) amount of sleep, and a restful morning with Captain Corelli's violin. Poetic licence obviously, he wasn't really a captain and isn't actually playing these pieces, but he is does do a damn fine twiddly bit and I'm always partial to a literary allusion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ce15s4NYc

I give thanks for Mima driving me out to partake in a small amount of walking and a huge amount of excellent cake. At times I can move normally again now. They are short times but a source of much delight to me... and to experience one on a rather blustery damp day beside the sea was something for which I was exceedingly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics