Saturday 14 January 2017

Twinkle toes

I give thanks for a visit from Mima bringing my embarrassingly first world Waitrose staples like marinated tofu, unwaxed lemons and a Higgedy pie. She's a very good personal shopper and very good company too so I even rustled up some pastries for lunch and I was grateful for that as well...another little step back towards 'normal' (well my version anyway!)

I give thanks though I'm moving increasingly frequently and freely we're saving that for a short jaunt tomorrow. At least that's the plan... Even having a plan to go out for pleasure is something to be grateful for...I've been cooped up so much the last few months I swear I'm growing feathers! I give thanks despite the fact there's still plenty of pain, as long as I do plenty of sitting (or better still lying down) between the standing and walking,  it's more of the whimper than the wail variety now...

I give thanks for changing the batteries in the fairy lights. What's that? You took your deckies down last weekend? Ah, but these are houseplant fairy lights they can twinkle any time of year. I give thanks for thinking of having those instead of the usual sort in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics