Tuesday 24 January 2017

Brimful of something

I give thanks for making the nicest pie for tea last night - with a little help from Mr Tesco mashing the spuds for the topping! Rachel's diet isn't quite vegan and gluten free, and neither was this, but I'd been tempted to grate some cheese on one side for me...and hadn't...and yet somehow it almost tasted as if I had. Seriously yummy and comforting on a chilly winter's evening. I give thanks for a very good acupuncture treatment too...

I give thanks the lovely young woman in our new 'cornershop' popped out the back to put the kettle on when she found the takeaway drinks machine hadn't been switched on today and made me a cup to to my taste. I'd been hobbling quite handily around town (for me) and was determined fog or no fog, steps or no steps, I was going to get some sand between the treads of my boot soles for the first time in what is creeping alarmingly towards six months...and I gave great thanks I did! If you're trying to do more being here now what better place to be doing it than a deserted shore?

I give thanks the other Boots had been selling some cut price Graze snacks so I could graze on those and sip my tea and watch the interplay of cloud and sun, and water and land, and fill up my soul with the wonder of it all including the wonder of me being there. I'm so grateful to the people who take me or accompany me to places, and value the experiences and enjoyments we share, but sometimes I need to take myself to a place, somewhere where it feels as if there's just the planet and me, to detach from the virtual world we call 'real' life... I give thanks for the state of the weather and my body creating the chance to be there for a while.

I give thanks for not getting some bad news I was expecting...in fact it being rather good. And for remembering to add a photo to this post for you mysterious marvellous people who read my blog not via Facebook nudges, but by thinkng of it anyway...I am both honoured and humbled.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics