Sunday 24 December 2017

Choice words

I give thanks for a peaceful morning in the neighbourhood, lolling late in bed listening to the church bells and being grateful organised religion exists for those who feel the better for it...and that adherence is not compulsory! How blessed we are to have choice.

I give thanks for reading an interesting book about the places we perceive as being between places (Edgelands, it's called) and thus discovering the hyperrealistic suburbia of artist George Shaw which pleased me greatly! As for fiction, I give thanks for being in writing mode which I haven't since joining that group in the summer. When it came to a sudden untimely halt what I was working on then did too and it's fun to have a story beginning in my head again. It may not get to a middle, let alone an end but I give thanks I understand this doesn't matter.

I give thanks for an undisturbed afternoon too, neighbours away or out for a while. For pottering a little with crafts as much as my hands will stand and watching Harry Potter movies which I've mostly found quite easy to resist hitherto but, as ITV is screening consecutively over the next few days, I might as well give a go. At least it doesn't pretend to be real unlike so much stuff out there.

I give thanks for thinking of folk I know and knowing (as far as this can be known) that they are happy and having a good time with loved ones, friends and family...and lots of lovely food! I've not started a jigsaw yet this year, piecing together meal plans instead from tastes of favourite flavours bulked out with the less appealing stuff I'm allowed.  It's probably easier all round being alone given my restrictive diet, contentment with quiet...and curious forms of delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics