Wednesday 6 December 2017

Down into the easy chair

I give thanks for a new date for my operation. They could have picked better - it's the one day I had something seasonally festive planned and the one day Julie can't collect me afterwards, so although I'm glad it's sorted I'm sad too about the way things have panned out. I guess I'll have to see if I can book an expensive and exhausting volunteer driver and hope I can actually get in the door when they drop me off. Coming up the dark stairs on my own after surgery and a deeply tedious journey is not a merry thing to contemplate, but I give thanks this means I'm now dreading that more than the actual procedure and its aftermath.


I give thanks for finishing the chair cushions thanks to a nice remnant from the old fashioned haberdasher's in town, some silk scraps from eBay and odds and ends in my stash. The sofa ones have yet to be finished, but I can sit on that and enjoy the warm colours from across the room - this time of year can seem bleak enough whether it's the frosty wind making moans or me. Oh, and I give thanks no one wants to look at my flat so I can leave (literal) heaps of fabric lying about!

I give thanks for liaising with technology and the courier driver so my new laptop/tablet 2-in-1 arrived without problems earlier on. It's refurbished and red and plugged in to recharge and I'm kind of scared to try using it at the moment in case the problems are inside!*

Not allowed so many things I'd love to be eating just now, I give thanks for coming up with the idea of using up some damp and unappealing sliced bread removed from the freezer for post op sandwiches earlier this week to make a bread and butter pudding. Milk and sultanas aren't allowed but I used chopped mixed peel, glace cherries, rice milk and cream. Not bad at all!

*It's on and I've typed some of this. Uploading/downloading photos not worked out a workaround for as yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics