Sunday 10 December 2017

We are all made of stars

...but some of us are looking in the gutter! I give thanks for spotting this handsome chap bedraggled and damp at my feet on Friday. He's been resting in my handbag ever since and is now ready for a bit of a makeover before hanging out with me over the decorative season...


I give thanks for the times my mind adjusts lettering my eyes encounter so sometimes I'm looking at funny when funny isn't there. Thus I've just seen an advert about making the most of your festive toast (just the ticket for those of us who'll cook and eat alone)... plus a couple of days ago a message from a friend said her musical but somewhat dour son was busy 'giggling' that evening!

I give thanks for also finding humour in widespread hurting today. I was trying to put arnica gel on my knee but squawking with pain in my hand at squeezing the tube it came in, then at my aching back when I dropped the lid and it rolled under the bed. Somehow this amused me greatly...

I give thanks for simple pleasures, like sipping a just right cup of tea whilst listening to the howling wind. For using all the spare energy I could muster after the challenge of getting dressed (cue more comedy noises) making meals rather messily and clearing up in between. For a hot water bottle and a cosy throw and catching a nap between the neighbourhood noisiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics