Monday 25 December 2017

Christmas passed

I give thanks for making a toffee apple pudding last night...and for using the dirty sauce pan to leave oats and water to soak for my porridge this morning. I don't know if I could measure the tiny quantities of butter, cream and sugar required to make it just right, but hey I don't need to!

I give thanks for a long lie in bed, and then another one in the bath. For watching squirrels chase each other through the branches and a little flock of tiny birds flit among the twigs as the wind whipped up rain and little white wave tops on the sea.

I give thanks for another pleasantly leisurely afternoon - as much craft work as my hands would allow (well probably a little bit more to be honest), and as much nice food as my diet would (likewise). For some undemanding but enjoyable television to watch, some nice surprises in my presents. For the closest neighbours being far away...a good book being nearby.

I'm sure lots of people could ask for lots more.  I give thanks,  though I could, I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics