Saturday 23 December 2017

Gifted

I give thanks that yesterday is over. It was a day that just kept giving - grief in various small but significant forms! I give thanks that many folk seem to believe I have some sort of angelic attitude to aggravation and disappointment. They are misguided. True, I try, but I've a long way to go before I rise completely above it.

I give thanks for waking up with no pain. This is almost unheard of and meant I could go downstairs soon after to open the communal door a crack in case the post person wanted to do the decent thing and deliver my parcel from Bob. I truly believe it's better to give than receive, but too much not receiving and you can start believe you don't deserve to, which is not a good thing to think. Thus I was particularly grateful to find the package in the hall later...as was he!

I give thanks for the gift of another spell of the barmy balmy weather we've been having lately so I felt motivated to pop into town and get a couple of bits, exchange a few friendly words with the locals and sit in the sunshine a while looking at and listening to the sea. I give thanks for a wasp trying to attack my Viennese Whirl because it made me chuckle to see one in December. Unfortunately the pain joined me too, at double strength to make up for the time it had been away it seemed...so I give thanks for managing to make it back up the hill, and for not needing to do anything for the rest of the afternoon but lie on the sofa and groan. Not very ho ho ho, but hey ho I give thanks it was fun while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics