Monday 11 December 2017

Remaining present

No, nothing to do with seasonal gifts, given or received... I give thanks for keeping on trying to be in and aware of the present moment, despite the way one's mind wanders to worries and memories or wishes and plans.

I give thanks for starting the day quite sprightly and making it into town...though I got a little less so with everything I added to my bags, and I was very grateful for an unchained trolley at the supermarket so that even though I only needed a few extra bits and bobs I could put all the previous purchases in it and glide around more easily. For there being enough taxis to go round.

I give thanks for the warmth of people's greeting on such a chilly day. For chatting to those I knew better, and for the sun coming out which made it better still. For the way it illuminates different spots at different times of year. For finally using my little paella dish (though not for paella - that would be way too normal) and for vacuuming the kitchen floor which was beginning to look like a kitchen garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics