Monday 4 December 2017

Cushioning the blow

I give thanks for thinking of things to be grateful for before my day got properly started...and writing some of them down before they got started on my arm.

I give thanks for sleeping more than I thought I would, for dreams not too distressing and, though the alarm went off way too soon, being able to drag myself out of bed and start making tea and a sandwich for lunch.

I give thanks I'd finished washing my hair when the phone rang so I heard it...and somehow knew that at least some of the above would suddenly become obsolete...

I give thanks for doing the sensible thing, making a cup of tea and going back to bed for a while to get my head round the change of plans which in the short term was a relief but really just makes more stress in the longer term.

I give thanks for choosing to spend my day in as relaxed a way as I could - sewing a cushion cover, wrapping some presents and continuing to search for a tablet 2 in 1 deal that I have enough money for and seems a good reason to spend it. Oh, and making some tea for two as, having had to cancel Rachel's visit tonight when I heard surgery was scheduled, now the operation has been cancelled acupuncture has been rescheduled again at short notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics