Monday 18 December 2017

Hot tips

I knew a man once. No, honestly - I did! His house was always freezing but his tea was always piping hot as he warmed the mugs with boiling water like you might if you're using a pot. I give thanks for when I remember to do this this time of year.

I give thanks for crumble, which makes a most excellent breakfast you know. Last night's was a strange fruit combination as I used a little left over tinned pineapple, half a dessert apple hanging around and some chopped up crystallised ginger. I give thanks my appetite and palate remain unscathed by renal deterioration.

After waking up several times in the night through pain, pretending the day hadn't started for as long as I could seemed a bright idea so I give thanks for a pretty pink dawn - seen through my still tightly drawn curtains. I give thanks for the string of little gold coloured hearts twinkling in the sunshine when I finally reached out and twitched them open.

I give thanks for a gift card from Ivor and Heidi and a lift to knitting from Jenny. The sunset sky and ice blue sea as I came home. A tiny red and white striped mitten waiting on a bare twig for recollection. An affordable electric blanket in a shop in town. And maybe time for a quick nap before Rachel comes if the kids next door would settle down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics