Tuesday 5 December 2017

Murky bill of health

I give thanks for full use of my upper limbs - well as full as it gets these days anyhow! For the combination of a cracking scratch comfort food tea (quorn chunks and veg cooked in butter chicken sauce with mashed potato on top) and Rachel's excellent therapy turning my stressy angsty energy into something more focused and creative so I could spend the rest of the evening wrapping more presents and working on the recushioning...

For a long hot bath with a novel afterwards. I give thanks I can still have baths and hold books...

I've not been feeling too good today, so I'm grateful for the reminder how urgent it is I have this surgery, and how important to use the time I have left as well as I can while I can.

I give thanks for getting through the day...and getting through the front door before it turned murkier and even colder. It's been such a struggle to keep warm this winter, and I've wondered why last year seemed so much easier... before remembering, leaving temperatures aside, last winter I was mostly stuck indoors anyway.

I give thanks for seeing the sea in my travels...and land a long way round the bay, far into the next county. It's hard to hold the camera steady when you're zooming in on something that distant so you'll have to take my word for it that's what is pictured here.

I give thanks to Ann for sending me some more reading material... and one of her knitted poppies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics