Friday 8 December 2017

Light relief

I give thanks for the beauty of the skies and changing light on the sea I've enjoyed today, mostly from the warmth of indoors! I give thanks for sharing some of these views and very pleasant conversation with Laura this morning and Liz this afternoon at two different perfectly positioned cafe tables.

I give thanks for these kind ladies chauffeuring me about and, on the brief bit where I was walking, for encountering a bagpipe player in town. He was wearing a kilt...and a short sleeve t-shirt despite the icy wind, so whatever he had in his porridge was clearly doing the trick. I give thanks for having grated apple and cinnamon in mine!

I give thanks for an unusually the leisurely pleasurely feeling of the day, still in a state of relief about the cancellation of proposed operation date...but in the background, aware that my bloods were done late yesterday afternoon and a phone call telling me the operation must be immediately was quite possible, eyeing the answering machine suspiciously every time I came in. I give thanks the only message was to say they'd arranged for surgery in January...lots and lots of thanks for that as you might well imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics