Wednesday 13 December 2017

NTE5 4 3

Nobody said it was easy, so I thought that it was hard. I give thanks I now have a new full length shower hose and fully attached head...parts bought in town here and fitted by me more easily than I tie a shoelace! If I'd realised quite how simply and cheaply a long running problem could be solved I'd have done it a long time ago...but I'm very grateful nonetheless.

Less successful, but I still give thanks for persevering with the on line checks for my broadband problem, including losing the connection every time the system tested my line of course, and grovelling in a dark corner to try the router in the test socket. When I finally got to online chat I give thanks for being polite when the advisor told me very longwindedly he couldn't do anything as his systems were down. This I figured was some sort of karmic retribution for all the torture I've inflicted on similarly afflicted souls in the past.

I give thanks for applying the same attitude to the young girl practising her rapping next door, although in my case it would have been some other sort of singing that blighted the ears of the neighbourhood. Not so much as the yappy whiney dog tho. I give thanks for remembering I had a puppy that used to make a fuss when left alone so I must deserve that too!

Contunuing with this train of thought I was struggling to think of any joy I've brought to the world that might be paid back my way. Hmm...well I've made people laugh sometimes I suppose. Oh yes, so I give thanks for I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue returning the favour!

I give thanks for a belated birthday afternoon tea for Jenny with Mima - plenty of chat and calories to keep us warm on a damp dark day when the cold seeps into your bones...apart from that I've not been far from my hot water bottle and I've been very grateful for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics