Saturday 30 December 2017

Retroceptacle

I give thanks for discovering the phrase 'progressive detachment' - particularly appropriate for budding Buddhists, jilted lovers and anyone hoping to hold back entropy I feel. (And I sure would know!)  It is from the field of genomics apparently... another new one to me! Add stridulation and my vocabulary would seem to have expanded quite a bit this week, though I did spend three days trying to remember the word amnesia, which wasn't as amusingly ironic as it might sound...

I give thanks for last night's curry being much nicer for having been abandoned for 48 hrs after it really did not taste good the first time around. For the overnight rain not being as heavy as the weather report had suggested so that there were no indoor waterfalls this morning.

For not being too achey and thus able to catch up with some of the more strenuous chores...and then catching up with a patchwork cushion cover I've been fiddling with for a while. The more I mess around with it the smaller the pieces get as it's the sort of fabric that frays away very badly, but I managed a little more despite a desperate battle with my hook race and its ring. Not heard of that either? No nor me. Its a part of a sewing machine...and I give thanks I saved the manual to tell me how to reassemble it again after I managed to take it apart with no trouble and then got awfully stuck.

I give thanks for my allegedly waterproof 70s esque   bag, coveted on ebay and bought for me by Bob.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics